Monday, August 19, 2013

A visit to the past

A Visit to the past -  6 years.....


 Almost 6 years ago,  I thought life was finally taking a  positive turn, I lost a very important person to me. This person was not perfect, but no body is perfect. I took him to ER and WATCHED his heart stopped in front of me. I was selfish and didn't want to let go because of Cancer..... a nurse named Angel brought me back to reality and she told me it was time to let go because even though if I tired to bring him back, he would not survive and will only be in "veggie" state to suffer some more before he left. The feeling to let go and make the decision to let go was very difficult and hard. Since then, I never went back to or even near that area/ER room. 

Today, I had an appointment. This appointment I did not know required me to go back to that same building where "he left". It has been close to 6 years. I have not once even walked close to the building, I did not know it was going to be this difficult.

Today, I re-lived the same feeling of losing a loved one. It was a horrible feeling and I wanted to cry the moral of today's blog post encompass a few main points:

1. tell the ones you love that you love them even if they piss you off
2. spend as much time as you can with your family
3. live life to the fullest and try not to be bitter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment