Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In time for a new me! :) - Significant change in my life!

I know what you are guessing, but no it's not! Look at the pictures below and then read the story that follows! :) PS there was no make up! I guess the lighting can make a person look better or worst BUT I WILL TELL YOU I AM STILL BEAUTIFUL! YUP!

I never like receiving wrist watches as a gift because to me a wrist watch always had a significant meaning.  The first watch I got and still have in my drawers was a barbie watch from my parents as a child. The barbie watch was the was purchased during my elementry days because my parents believed it was time I learn how to tell time and be responsible. (Asian parents usually start young with their oldest!) The second watch that I got, which I am really sad that I lost was a fossil watch from my mom. She purchased this watch for me right before college signifying that I am transitioning into a teenager and young adult, but personally I really thought of it as a invisible chain where she was keeping tabs on me and constantly reminding me that I better behave in college and I did! LOL I know I know...weird!

When did I lose this watch of mine??........Funny thing! It was just right after I was hired full time.  I then started using my cell phone for time and normally when someone asks me for time, they would ask if I have a watch when they see me checking my cell instead or when I ask someone for time and they tell me the time on their watch. The convo usually goes like this....

Person: You don't have a watch?
Me: Yea, I do, but I lost it
Person: Why don't you get another one?
Me: No..a wrist watch has a significant meaning for me, so I don't want a new one until it's time...
Person: Really? Why is that?
Me: well my parents got me my first barbie watch to teach me how to be responsible. Mom bought me a new watch when I went to college telling me I was grown up, but I lost it. I feel like a watch has a significant meaning and when I get a new one, it's going to be a new chapter of my life and I don't know if I am ready for that yet........


Well.... Here I have, a new watch! I think it came just in time--keeping the tradition, my brother brought the watch cause he liked it, but he asked if I wanted not thinking I would take it, but YUP I took it! HAHA sorry little brother.

It came just in time (J-I-T) like supply chain terms, because I am starting a new chapter in my life. I am going to be a diff person and I am making life style changes to shape up who I should be and grow up and be more mature. :) Over the last two weeks, I've been really trying to figure myself out. One thing I learned is...instead of letting the situation take control of my life (stress and depression), I need to take control of it! Though I still struggle from time to time in the day, I always management to turn out okay weather it's at the end of the day or the next morning....Right now, I am enjoying and embracing the new me and hoping that the new me can inspire more people like myself to love and be comfortable about themselves. BELIEVE me! It was such a huge step for me to post my pics online, but hey--you can never love yourself if you put yourself down. 

Though all my friends know I don't put pics up normally, I would still like my friends not to put my pics up! LOL Thanks <3 you guys! You guys know who you are :) XOXO. Until the next time. i hope ever takes care!


3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful! I too don't post many pics of me online. I just don't like many pics of me.

    And I haven't worn a watch in YEARS! AND YEARS. I don't want one either. I have clocks where I need them, and where they aren't - I don't need them.

    Good for you, it's always a good time to self-reflect and make changes for the better.

    hugs,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca! forgot the watch this morning lol but it's okay cause it was raining.

    Thanks Minh! :)

    ReplyDelete